- To educate undergraduates about what the MU Libraries can do for them.
- To encourage undergraduates to come to the MU Libraries on-line and in person and seek assistance with library research.
- To obtain input from undergraduates in order to facilitate planning.
What Is Required of Ambassadors?
Ambassadors volunteer their time and will spend an average of 5-10 hours a month on the following activities:
- Visit classes and present brief talks about the libraries, give tours at Ellis Library.
- Staff a table during major campus events such as Summer Welcome and New Student Orientation.
- Serve as an advisory group to the MU Libraries Communications Committee.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Assist with planning and participate in promotional activities such as a video contest.
- Attend alumni events such as Homecoming Open House and Library Society Dinner.
Being an MU Libraries Student Ambassador is an excellent opportunity and a fun way to gain experience and leadership skills.
The Ellis Monthly: A Publication of the Student Ambassadors
- May 2010
- October 2010
- December 2010
Source and Links Available At: