Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lincoln Memorial University > Be a Health Sciences Library Ambassador!


Attention LMU-DCOM classes of 2013-2016 and PA classes of 2013-2014

I would like to have two students per each class of students to serve as a Health Sciences Library Ambassador. This is a new program to get the word out to other students about helpful library resources. My vision for this is for it to be student-driven. The ambassador can tell me what resource we have that he or she would like to promote, and, if freebies are available for that product, I will call reps and try to get posters, bookmarks, pens, keychains, etc. (whatever goodies they have) to give to that student to distribute to the rest of their class; there is no guarantee that I will be able to get enough items to give one item to each member of a class. As different resources are for different years, not all ambassadors will need to distribute the same materials at the same time. The helpful games and tutorials do not provide freebies so promotion of them and other similar resources will have to be done via other means. I welcome student ideas and look forward to watching the program evolve over time. I will expect the ambassadors to give me a heads up as to what they plan to do in advance just so I’m aware. I want the ambassador to distribute items in a fair manner and to not keep the best items for himself / herself. I can ship items to ambassadors who are off campus. I’d like the ambassador to have me review emails before they are distributed. There are resources for different clubs so ambassadors can make sure that the clubs to which they belong are aware of helpful things for their clubs; for example, the Mango database for learning languages is useful to the international medicine club, and some resources could be promoted at the pediatric health fair and others at the Doggy Dash (there are helpful games and tutorials and such for vet anatomy). Students can put in as little or as much time into the program as they like. Students can ask me to find things for their clubs and interests. I will simply appreciate the help with marketing and promotion of resources. I do not expect ambassadors to answer questions about products and do not want them to feel like they have to do so; they can refer all questions to me. If you are interested in being an ambassador, please email me at lisa.travis@lmunet.edu with your name and class by 8am on Monday, October 29. I will choose the 2 ambassadors for each class via drawings of all replies for each class sometime at the end of my work day on Monday, October 29.

[snip]

Source 

[http://library.lmunet.edu/medlib/lisas-blog]

No comments:

Post a Comment